Thursday, August 30, 2007

Twins

Wikis are an interesting topic, as we have soome of them in use within our own system. I was surprised to learn that they could be so diverse and so colorful. Ours seemed a little plain compared to the ones I looked at as part of Learning 2.0. I looked at the book lovers wiki and checked some of the staff reviews. I found the coment on the Lori Lansen book interesting. I had to look up the meaning of craniopagus twins. Thinking that it may mean joined at the head, I found that it was in fact that. I also found that there are different names for different types of conjoined twins.
Wikis can be used to share a wealth of information. Files can be made available. Training can be presented on a wiki. Team communications to a larger group or system can be streamlined using a wiki. I do not feel it is more effective for team communication than a group email, however it does have more applications. The book reviews were fun.

No comments: